Libyahas Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, and Hindus. All of which are banned.
Hmm. Seems like it’s actually a national ban, not a religious ban, huh? Well, if you’re not convinced, let’s look at this graphic:
That looks like a hell of a lot more than seven nations. Weird, huh? So, if only seven nations are banned, doesn’t that mean President Trump’s ban is not a Muslim ban?
Not only that, but it’s based in large part on Obama’s previous stances. Don’t believe me? Read some yourself. Oh, and here’s an image of one of their press releases with the names of countries where travel to and from is limited and/or restricted:
Those country names look familiar? Not only did I make sure to leave the web address up for you to check for yourself, but if you click the image, it’ll take you right there, too. I don’t mind sourcing my claims.
What about Saudi Arabia? Well, ignoring the irony of folks saying banning travel from the above countries are a bad move, so why isn’t this country banned, too, let’s take a look at why it isn’t banned, shall we? I think it might have something to do with this little thinghere.
Why isn’t Pakistan on the list? That’s an excellent question. I think it should be on the list just for harboring Bin Laden. Alas, I am not President. We’ll have to wait and see.
Now, I have a question for you, dear reader: If you’re so worried about the “helpless” Muslims that President Trump has barred from entering the U.S., where was this concern when President Obama, was dropping bombs on them by the thousands during the majority of his presidency?
It’s a fun, easy to read novel. The characters are well developed, and the action is suitably actiony. It would be a great story to read at the beach, or while relaxing in the tub. I was entranced, never looking up until the story had ended, which is rare for me. 5 stars.
Buy it here: Book 3, though
These are AWESOME! They bring much needed volume to my irritatingly quiet LG Stylo. WIth my last pair (from DEFEWAY), I couldn’t really hear music, or podcasts, even with the volume all the way up. With these, I only need the volume halfway, and I hear everything so clearly. Also, while I have them on, my callers can hear me perfectly, which is *another* plus. I’d totally buy these again.
I signed up to do a review of Sleek Black Sport Stereo Sound Headphones. They gave me a discount to do so, and requested I give them an honest review. I figured “What the hell. Can’t hurt, and it’s a cheap price.”
To be honest, I expected them to be rather pathetic. I mean, look at ’em:
They don’t look like much do they? But… They’re actually pretty damned good. They sit where they’re supposed to, and I forgot I was wearing them. The music volume is superb. I actually had to turn it down on my phone from where my others were set. The sound indicator on my cell goes from 1- 100. Before these, I had the volume set at 87. With these, 23.
I think you should go buy them. I’m going to buy another set, just in case I lose these.
Evolution is the single most important concept in all of biology. It is absolutely vital for understanding both the history of life on earth and why our modern organisms have their current traits and behaviors. Nevertheless, it is also one of the most misunderstood concepts in modern science. Much of the confusion stems from creationists’ faulty arguments, but even those who accept evolution often don’t really understand it. Therefore, I am going to describe and debunk ten of the most common myths and misconceptions about evolution.
Myth 1: Evolution is just a theory
This is arguably the most common myth about evolution, and it is probably creationists’ most well worn trope. It is also a fundamental misunderstanding of how science works. I’ve explained this in more detail before, but briefly, evolution is both fact and theory depending on exactly what we are talking about. The idea that all modern…
Next Monday, July 20, 2015, I’ll begin to share interviews with some fantastic authors I’ve met recently.
Soon after, I’ll share reviews of some of their work, excerpts and more of my own works in progress.
Speaking of my work, I’ve discarded the old Rise of the DarkWalker stuff because it was becoming boring, even to me. I’m hoping you like the new version even more. Maybe you’ll even like it enough to comment.
I am a feminist. I have marched at the barricades, subscribed to Ms. magazine, and knocked on many a door in support of progressive candidates committed to women’s rights. Until a month ago, I would have expressed unqualified support for Title IX and for the Violence Against Women Act.
But that was before my son, a senior at a small liberal-arts college in New England, was charged—by an ex-girlfriend—with alleged acts of “nonconsensual sex” that supposedly occurred during the course of their relationship a few years earlier.
What followed was a nightmare—a fall through Alice’s looking-glass into a world that I could not possibly have believed existed, least of all behind the ivy-covered walls thought to protect an ostensible dedication to enlightenment and intellectual betterment.
It began with a text of desperation. “CALL ME. URGENT. NOW.”
That was how my son informed me that not only had charges been brought…
“Hey, why are you starting another story when you haven’t finished any of the others?”
Well, imaginary speaker for my fans – both of them – technically, with this, I am finishing one of the others. Or, continuing it, anyway. This is the continuation of The Chronicles of Carter Blake. I have a prologue and three chapters complete. Maybe posting them here will be the kick in the pants I need to finish.
I found this questionnaire online and decided: “What the hell. It might be fun.”
1. Do you ever doubt the existence of others than you?
Nope. I see evidence of them all the time.
2. On a scale of 1-5, how afraid of the dark are you?
That all depends on what I read before I turned out the light. One of the perils of having a highly active imagination.
3. The person you would never want to meet?
Pennywise the Dancing Clown. Think about it for a moment.
4. What is your favorite word?
“Fuck.” It’s extremely fucking versatile.
5. If you were a type of tree, what would you be?
A great bristlecone pine.
6. When you looked in the mirror this morning what was the first thing you thought?
I actively avoid looking in mirrors, and so, don’t have one.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
I’m shirtless at the moment.
8. What do you label yourself as?
An asshole. Hell, everyone else does, sooner, or later.
9. Bright room or dark room?
10. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Laying in bed, feeling like I was going to puke. It didnt happen, though.
11. Favorite age you’ve been so far?
12. Who told you they loved you last?
The person I love most in the world. April 10th, 2014.
13. Your worst enemy?
Myself. I always manage to screw everything up, sooner, or later.
14. What is your current desktop picture?
15. Do you like someone?
I like lots of folks, but I think this means romantically. I do. Shes actually a subscriber to my blog.
16. The last song you listened to?
This one: https://open.spotify.com/track/5Ox6cVMhvW5nl3UForWFHa
17. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
A fucking fucktard of a douchebag named Dan Boyce. The reasons are myriad.
18. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
The same fucker I named above.
19. If anyone could be your slave for a day, who would it be and what would they have to do?
If it were consentual, as a type of role play that we’d talked about extensively before hand, it would be my love. And it would be the most onerous task she could imagine: Allowing me to pamper her all day. 🙂
20. What is your best physical attribute? (showing said attribute is optional)
My arse. It is magnificent.
21. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?
I’d have to be some sort of redhead, and I’d probably spend the day masturbating.
22. Do you have a secret talent? If yes, what is it?
Yes! Convincing people I’m a fair writer.
23. What is one unique thing you’re afraid of?
My fear is actually pretty pedestrian: Heights. To be precise, falling.
24. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your disposal.
A bacon/pineapple sandwhich.
25. You just found $100! How are you going to spend it?
I’m not. It’s going on my prepaid debit card until I need it.
26. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave immediately. Where are you going to go?
Land O’Lakes, Florida.
27. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be?
The Greek Gods’ ambrosia. I want to be a diety, too.
28. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Only those I personally invite may come.
29. What is your favorite expletive?
30. Your house is on fire, holy shit! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno?
31. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
None of them. All my experiences made me who I am today and led me to the woman of my dreams, even if she doesn’t want me. I’d never risk losing that.
32. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit… you can move to anywhere else in the world!
This one isn’t question.
33. The Celestial Gates Of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn’t think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person/etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back?
Issac Newton. Once he got over the time/culture shock, think of all he could help us create and learn.
34. What was your last dream about?
Walking along the beach at sunset, holding the hand of my love.
35. Are you a good….[insert anything you’d like here]?
36. Have you ever been admitted to the hospital?
37. Have you ever built a snowman?
38. What is the color of your socks?
At the moment, I am barefoot. The ones I own are white, though.
39. What type of music do you like?
My tastes are eclectic, but leaning more towards rock orchestra.
40. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
As a night owl, I prefer sunsets.
41. What is your favorite milkshake flavor?
42. What football team do you support? (I will answer in terms of American football as well as soccer)
American Football would be the New England Patriots and standard football would be Manchester.
43. Do you have any scars?
I have a few. Physical, mental & emtional.
44. Would you rather be immortal, but dependant on blood, or age 1000 times slower than everyone else?
Age slower than everyone else.
45. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Whatever it is that makes me unlovable after a certain period of time.
46. Are you reliable?
From a certain point of view.
47. If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
Have we gotten used to the lonliness yet?
48. Do you hold grudges?
With both hands.
49. If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature, what new animal would you create?
Technically speaking, there are no laws of nature.
50. What is the most unusual conversation you’ve ever had?
This one. 😉
51. Are you a good liar?
I try my damnedest not to lie.
52. How long could you go without talking?
53. What has been you worst haircut/style?
In the 80’s (yes, I just dated myself), I briefly went with the spiked mohawk.
54. Have you ever baked your own cake?
And ate it, too.
55. Can you do any accents other than your own?
56. What do you like on your toast?
Depends on my mood.
57. What is the last thing you drew a picture of?
Squiggly lines. It was horrible.
58. What would be you dream car?
80’s model Corvette Stingray
59. Do you sing in the shower? Or do anything unusual in the shower? Explain.
I do not.
60. Do you believe in aliens?
Which version? From another country? Yep. From outer space? Also yep. However, we’ve not been visited by space aliens.
61. Do you often read your horoscope?
Only when I want a chuckle.
62. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
63. Which is cooler: dinosaurs or dragons?
Dinosaurs, because they were real.
64. What do you think about babies?
65. Freebie! Ask anything interesting you can think of.
What kind of way to end is that?
I hope y’all found this bit a little entertaining.